Re: Sad comment.

Has the world forgotten about John DeLorean? Not really. While his
name may no longer be a household word, most time when you mention
him the majority of people know who you are talking about. Although
once his trial was over media attention no longer focused on him. I
don't really consider it so much a sad thing as much as I do a
natural thing. The more unfortunate aspect is that JZD never really
recieved proper credit for all his accomplishments. Numerous patents
for all the safety features both he himself created and helped to
create. From these alone it could never be known how many lives he
has helped to save. His successful business ventures, etc... But I
would consider it far worse that to finally know peace from those who
shed an ignorant light on him, JZD needed anonimity to acheve it.
I don't believe that the thousands of DeLorean cars worldwide are
slowly dying out due to anything. Yes some are being put away as we
speak, yet others are being brought out. Some will be in accidents,
and of those not all will survive. That too is only natural. Still I
would not consider this a "dying out", yet more of a DeLorean "cycle
of life". Parts availability and rust are of no serious concern right
now nor will they ever be. There are enough people who will always
believe in our cars to keep them on the road by whatever means
nessisary. Cars that are sitting right now will be returned to the
road in their own due time. And for the value of our cars? I can't
speak for everyone here, but I believe most people buy a D simply for
thier own pleasure, not for investments. If we always judged a car by
it's resale value, then practicly every car that has ever seen the
road is a failure.
A while back I was driving down the highway when I saw a young boy
looking at my car. His eyes were as wide as saucers and he had a big
smile on his face. And suddenly I realized that I was looking at me
when I was his age, and I remebered what it was like to see my first
DeLorean in the 'wild'. I may only be 22 now, but even I know there
will come a day when I can no longer give my car the attention not
that it needs, but deserves. And I take comfort in the thought that
one day that little boy or some one like him will pick up when I can
no longer continue. Someone will be there to not only keep my car on
the road, but to also pass on the legacy of the man.
While JZD and our cars may become less known, they will never,
ever be forgotten! There will always be enough dreamers and
adventureous souls who will continue to live the dream...

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Sternbach, William [IT]"