Need transmision filter and gasket (was Rattle in automatic transmission

Need transmision filter and gasket (was Rattle in automatic transmission)

Can anyone out there say where to get a transmission pan gasket? I'm not
interested in paying 5 prices for something someone makes in his garage. I
can do that myself. Has anyone had any luck with finding transmission
filters lately?

For what it's worth, my transmission expert looked at my car and found that
he could not locate a filter or pan gasket. He thought that if he could get
a pan gasket then he would drop the pan, clean the old filter and check
things out. But he is in the business of rebuilding transmissions, not
making gaskets. So he is going to check his suppliers some more to try to
find at least a gasket, maybe a filter if he is lucky.

Meanwhile, he played around with the car and said that the rattle I'm
probably hearing is from the differential. But it should only make a noise
during a significant change in momentum.

So for now, it sounds like I wasn't playing my radio loud enough. Next time
I'll play it louder so I don't hear those noises.

Walt Tampa, FL