RE: Actual Production Numbers (was: DeLoreans made)

James wrote:

> Knut Grimsrud's statistical analysis of the DeLorean Owners Directory
> data, in the form of the "DeLorean Production Chronology" indicates
> that the exact number is somewhere in the low-9000's and can be found
> here: <http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/n_chron.htm>
>
> Interestingly enough, a recent phone conversation I had with Barrie
> Wills, the original DeLorean Motor Company Director of Manufacturing,
> also recollected that the actual production was somewhere around 9100.

Ken just posted the latest DOD and with each new DOD I get a copy
of the raw data to update the chronology study. With the latest data,
plus additional data from documents James has discovered, the latest
statistical analysis again indicates that the number of cars
manufactured is around 9100-9200. I'll have the latest stats done in
another week or so and will send out a note when the latest analysis
is available on the DMCNews web site.

As James indicates, it is actually fairly easy to show that the 8583
number is incorrect, however, it's much more interesting to attempt to
determine the correct number.

Knut