Re: [DML] Alternate Transmission 97 Delorean Time Machine

Re: [DML] Alternate Transmission 97 Delorean Time Machine

At the time I built this car only Felpro made a computer for Indy cars
and top fuel funny car dragsters that would work.

Today there are a number of makers out there. including TSI

However, you will have to rewire the trans to make it like the GM set
up.

Again, when I was building this car. Only the 3.9 belt drive engine
was readily available. Today I would go with the 4.2 liter get the 4.6
crank for $350 . and get the engine with the surpentine belt. Use an
aftermarket HP cam shaft and after market computer to control fuel
delivery and timing.

There is one other possibility, th at if it work would make this very
simple. as long as go with the stock engine.
The Rover uses the same transmission electronics. You could in theory
get a ROver engine and including the engine and trans computer. If
you are lucky it might plug into the trans and work just find.

Again this is recent stuff, after I built the car. I an comtemplating
building another one with this updated stuff.
But i would have to sell my stock 81 automatic to afford it.

Let me know what you are going to do.

bob