Re: 30,000 mile maintenence

Jim, I'll throw in my 2cents worth. I have said before about how an
electrical tune up can perk up the performance to the car. Electrical
parts do wear out as well as break. Ignition coils will develop cold
solder joints and corrosion then electrically open when they get hot.
Replacing the coil is a good idea. Wires will get old and develop
carbon tracks as well as the distributor caps and rotors. You might
want to think about the plugs also. I' am offering some hotter plugs
on my web site and will be experminting with them also. We used to do
this all the time when i worked on corvetts and for the type of town
driving we were going with our De Loreans, I think the plugs are to
cold. I'll probably catch flack over this, but i'm going up the line
with hotter burning plugs. I will put more info on my website as soon
as I can get permission from Bosch to copy the info. If not I will
have to rekey it. Don't forget The Fan Fix, it to can increase
performance. Let me know if I can help.
John
dherv10@xxxx
www.specialTauto.com