Re: Transmission leak

You did not mention if it is a manual or automatic. Assuming it is an
automatic a common area of leakage is the shift cable itself. If that
is the problem then call P.J. Grady and they have a way to stop it
from leaking. Other less likely areas are the seals for the wiring
connecter and the switch.The pan gasket is easy and so is the vacum
modulater and "o" ring for the dipstick tube. Also check where the
hoses connect to the cooler. Any
other leaks will require removal of the trans,final drive, torque
converter unit.In the meantime make very sure you always keep the
correct fluid level up with dexron II. You will wipe out the clutches
in short order if the trans is low on fluid. Also check the level in
the final drive, many of the units I have seen were very low.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757