Re: Driver side door

You are correct in assuming that there is a problem with the torsion
bar. If you installed a new strut and the door doesn't open fully
then
you most likely need to adjust the torsion bar. It is not a procedure
to take lightly though. If not done properly by an experienced
mechanic with the correct tools you can cause a lot of damage to the
car and potentialy serious damage to nearby persons. I would recomend
you find someone who has done this before and has the correct tools.
If there is a Delorean club in your area you should be able to find
someone to help. Most clubs have door adjustment sessions or at least
a member who can do it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757