Changeover part for side markers

When I bought my car my left front marker light was burned out. I tried
replacing it to find the bulb 100% rusted into the holder. Nothing I
did would get it out, so I had to cut it off. I went to several
automotive stores to look through their bulb holders. I did not find an
exact match, but I did find one similar.

I'll try to describe what the real DeLorean part looks like, but dont be
surprised if there are some small differences. The holder is all metal,
with a universal -small bulb- socket in it. The positive line is
soldered to the bottom center of the socket, and the ground is soldered
to the side of the chassis of the socket. The socket is held in place
to the marker lens by spring "clips" which are arranged in a circular
pattern around the top of the socket. These fit snugly into the marker
lens holding it in place.

The part I found was very similar to this, only it did not have a ground
wire. On this socket, the ground was connected through the spring
clips, and the chassis was made out of plastic. I had to cut a notch
out of the side of the plastic to wedge in a ground wire to connect to
the DeLorean's harness. If you can find I part that looks similar to
this in a local parts store, you may be in luck, but still may need to
do some modifications. Just bring in one of your marker lens assemblies
to compare the socket size.

Of course, my left front marker lens is now shattered, but at least the
light still works!!! Good luck finding the part.

--
Jim Reeve <Ultra>
'81 DeLorean-#6960