Richmond DeLorean Show

Well, I am getting over the jet lag from the trip to Richmond. Five of us
from NJ made the trip to Richmond for the weekend for the show and the tech
session, and I think you could say it seemed like we flew there :) It was a
great trip and down and back. The cars got a lot of attention on I-95 as we
traveled through Delaware, Maryland, and through Baltimore and past
Washington D.C. on the way to Richmond. We arrived late Friday night.
Myself and fellow DML'ers Marc Levy, and Dan (danrc30). We met Jack Singer
at his facility along with a couple other D owners Dave T. and Gary M. from
NJ who had also arrived. Jack's facility was able to hold about 20 cars so
we left ours there and he took us back to the hotel.

Saturday we met Jack for breakfast at the hotel along with Bob Miller and
about 5 other D owners. We then headed over to the tech session. Other D's
began arriving. Rob and Debbie Grady arrived soon after in their Green
Delorean. We spent the day working on cars and getting them ready for the
show. It was great to meet some new people I had only known from the DML.
Jack and Dave Sontos did a fantastic job getting everyone together. Bob and
Vicky Miller were great and extremely courteous. Bob and Vicky shuttled us
back to the hotel in his suburban and we all went out to dinner together that
night. After doing some walking we finally found a place that would
accommodate our large group.

Sunday we all met in the hotel lobby and shuttled over to the Jack's
garage where we had our cars. We made some last minute fixes to a couple cars
and organized the convoy to the show. I believe there were about 10 cars in
the convoy. We made our way to the show where other D owners were already on
the show field. In all there were 21 DeLoreans there for the show. A great
turnout since the DeLorean was the featured Marque. The show was great in
Browns Island Park on the river in Richmond. There were beautiful cars from
many different British Manufacturers. Spent the day walking the show and
seeing some of the local sights near the show. It was a great day. The cars
got a lot of attention and were displayed right in the middle of the show by
the main tent. I want to personally thank Jack Singer and Dave Sontos for
doing such a wonderful job getting us all together. I also want to thank Bob
and Vicky Miller for getting us all back and forth to the hotel so our cars
could be stored inside overnight. Special thanks to Rob Grady for spending
the day helping everyone with their cars. Rob and Debbie are two of the most
courteous and friendly people I have ever met. Also everyone else who
attended it was a pleasure to meet some new D owners. I was fortunate enough
to have my DeLorean awarded 1st place by the people's choice balloting of the
owners of all the cars in the show. It was an honor to receive the award
especially since there were so many fine DeLoreans on display. Once again I
can't say enough what a great weekend it was. Five of us drove back to NJ
together. The D is a great car to drive. Especially when you pass that
88mph mark. Right Dan and Marc? LOL

Gary Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic