Re: Brake Problem

The best thing to do is to flush the system with castrol gtlma dot 4
brake fluid. This may cause the old seals to leak so be prepared to
rebuild the brale system soon after. You may also have a bad brake
hose, when it gets hot and you step on the pedal it ballons up at a
weak spot. This is very dangerous and should be checked out
IMMEDIATLY. Have a helper step on the pedal while you inspect the
hoses.
I hope to also see you in va.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Lowery, Dennis [C]" <loweryd@xxxx> wrote:

> Hello List, My Girlfriend and I were driving around this weekend
looking at
> houses in several different neighborhoods. After spending a half
hour or
> hour stopping and going, on the brakes off the brakes etc. the
brake
peddle
> was starting to get "squishy"...it would almost touch the floor.
Before the
> trip I had a good firm peddle. After waiting for just a couple of
minutes
> the firm peddle would come back, but after some more stop and go it
would
> get squishy again. My first thought is that there may be moisture
in the
> system that is either getting hot or "boiling" causing this
condition. Any
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis Lowery
> Vin. 4797
> Oct 81
>
> P.S. I'm going the Richmond VA British car show this weekend. I'm
Leaving
> Saturday morning From my home in Woodbridge VA ( about 20 miles
south of
> Washington D.C. on the I-95 corridor) If anyone would like to
caravan. Or
> maybe I could meet up with an existing caravan. Please let me
know
at my