Re: Voltage problem on other car

Clean the ground connections on your car. Most important: Negative
cable on the battery, ground point for the starter under the coolant
bottle (on chassis), and the front connection point (remove the brake
master cylinder access panel to reach). Had the exact same promblem
that you have. Cleaned the ground conections and it was like
installing a new alternator! I just removed the bolts and cleaned the
bolts, nuts, chasiss metal, and the harness connection with foamy
engine brite. Quick, easy, and didn't damage the epoxy. Start from
there and work you way down to the lesser ground points.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Joe Palatinus <jpalatinus@xxxx> wrote:
> Great, now my other D' is giving me a voltage problem. This one
has the
> original Motorola Alternator with 6400 miles on it. When I first
start the
> car the voltage is like 10V, and I now my meter is not wrong
because the
> stero and lights do not work or are dim, but If I rev the engine to
3000
> rpms, the voltage goes to just above 13 and stays there. I can
drive
> around, and the voltage stays where it is suposed to be, but if I
turn it
> off and on again, the voltage goes down to almost nothing, whats my
problem?