Re: [DML] tires

The front is a 195/60-14 and the rear is a 235/60-15. A lot of tires don't
have BOTH of these sizes available. I highly recommend keeping both the
front and the rear the same model of tire if you drive the car very much.
Different models can affect handling drastically.

I personally recommend the Yokohama AVS Intermediate. This model tire is a
very good high performance tire with excellent dry and wet weather
performance. The price is very reasonable also. If you don't have a
Yokohama dealer near you, the tires can be ordered at a good price from the
Tire Rack http://www.tirerack.com/ I can recommend them highly as I've
been ordering tires from them for the past 5 years. I paid $350 last year,
for a full set of 4 tires delivered to my door. They have a list of
recommended installers around the country that you can access on their web
site. If there isn't one in your area just try calling around. Many shops
will mount other brands of tires. Just find someone that doesn't hassle you
about it.

Mark N
VIN 6820

At 05:13 PM 9/18/00 -0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
> The DeLorean I am about to buy has 6,700 miles and still has the
original tires. I am sure they need replacing. Can anyone recommend a good
tire? My town only has a Firestone and a Goodyear dealers. I would like to
know prices, and what size of tires I need. I tried to look up this info on
the DMC News site, but my computer said the page couldn't be shown. Thank
you for your help-