Re: In JZDs Defense: Finally, it's 'DeLorean Time' or maybe not

Re: In JZDs Defense: Finally, it's 'DeLorean Time' or maybe not

Claude (and anyone else hyperventilating) -

The DMC2 watch may seem to be like a stretch, I believe Mercedes-Benz has
apparel of all sorts available at prices lower than the watch that John
DeLorean is offering.

However you have to realize what this "DMC2 watch" actually is. John is not
in the business of making watches, he is in the business of making cars. As
he himself said in his own words during the trial, "Cars are all I've ever
known." This watch is merely a way to raise the much needed capitol for
building the new car. Basically it is a concession of sorts, where if you put
up that amount of money, you get this watch, just as when you donate 30
dollars to PBS, you get a tote bag. Its the exact same thing. Not only that
but John DeLorean had offered the watch, AND the reservations of the new
DeLorean to us owners and enthusiasts FIRST, at the show in June.

The watch really IS beautiful. I think it was only a Timex or something, but
Kathryn DeLorean let me hold it in my very own hands, and let me tell you
this thing is heavy and gorgeous. Not to mention, think back 20 years and
think how interesting it would be to own something that DeLorean had been
offering before they had even put out the DMC-12. Its a true piece of
automotive history in the making, even if the warranty doesn't exceed more
than a year or so.

John DeLorean has always dabbled in other projects. From crafting the first
GTO in his garage, to the monkey mobile, even thru the busses and Logan snow
mobiles, John DeLorean has always had bright ideas, and this is just another.
He's a dreamer, and that's what dreamers do.

However I understand your complaints, I would love to see an actual picture
of the new DMC2, and waiting seems to be the hardest thing to do. But in the
meantime, we should try to support John DeLorean in his efforts.

Just my two cents,

Justin Scott
5172

ps- if I'm not mistaken, there were a lot of DeLorean CARS sold without a
warranty what so ever, let alone a watch.