Emissions Reading - Comments?

Hello folks,

My DeLorean was tested here the other day for emissions readings. I'm happy to say that it passed with flying colors :) No problems!

Norway has quite strict emissions regulations yet apparantly this poses no threat to the DeLorean! If it had failed I could be faced with a possible de-registration... :(

In fact, the attendant was surprised of the DeLorean readings since after all its a 1981 car, almost 20 years old. He simply said it was amazing that a car this "old" could show these results. It could have been a new 2000 car with readings like this.

Guess the DeLorean was WAY AHEAD OF ITS TIME!

The attendant was very impressed by the car, not only the design, stainless steel and gullwing doors to which we are all so familiar with, but the fact that its quite environmental-friendly.

(Well, not exactly the 2.8i PRV-engine, but the emissions testing was impressive he said).

Anyway, I wanted to post my emission testing results and would like to have some comments from you people on the DML if my results vary a lot from yours. Please e-mail me privately as not to take up listspace with "Me too" postings.

Here goes...

PEtr
1/min	----------------0
% vol CO -----------0.012
% vol CO2 ----------15.62
% vol O2 ------------0.39
ppm vol HC ------------15
Lambda -------------1.016
% vol COvrai -------0.012

How does this compare with your latest readings?

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759