"Clunk" in turns

Dear List,
Okay, I've got one I haven't had before...While driving my DeLorean
for the past couple of weeks, It has been making a single "clunking"
noise when I make turns. (left or right doesn't seem to make a
difference) It feels like something is slipping up front when it
occurs.
I had a rebuilt steering rack installed by Dave Bauerle about a year
ago, but otherwise the front suspension hasn't been touched in awhile.
Could this be a symptom of bad shocks or is it something else?
Most importantly, is this car safe to drive until I can get it
checked out?
Thanks,
Josh
VIN 5102