Re: Strange Noise and belt problem

Check your pulley alignment!

Use a yardstick and make sure all of the pulleys are lined up properly.
I've seen many different types of cars do that exact same thing (black
dust everywhere) when the pulleys aren't aligned correctly. The motion
of the pulleys completely saws through the belt until it simply snaps.

Being a Delco alternator, it may not line up exactly at first. Usually
you can use washers to space it to fit correctly. Also, check that when
they repaired your alt. that they did not replace the pulley facing the
wrong direction. That's the most common cause of misalignment.

-Dave Stragand
http://www.ProjectVixen.com
Vin #05927