Clutch Replacement

Last week which driving home one night I ended up driving thru some
pretty good flood water (6"-8") and everything seemed fine. About 3
days later I heard a small squeak coming from the clutch area
whenever I pressed the clutch pedal. 2 days ago I noticed that it was
starting to seem like my car was losing power durring acceleration.
But today on the way home for lunch it was the worst yet. Starting
out from a complete stop the D is very slow, and if I take my foot
completly off of the clutch there is only a slight change. The RPM's
stay about the same and the car won't jerk forward even when I pop
the clutch. The other symptom is while driving if I hit the
accelerator down to the floor the speed doesn't increase immediately
and the needle on the tach will shoot up. I don't know if this makes
a differance but there are no unusual odors when I stop the car (no
burning smell). My guess at this point is that obviously have a
clutch problem, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible that water, dirt, or debris of some sort has gotten
on the clutch plate and is preventing it from gripping properly?

2. If I do end up needing to replace the clutch, is there any easy
way to accomplish this? (in other words is this something that I
could do in my driveway)

3. Along with the clutch would it be advisable to replace the
pressure plate as well?

4. When visually inspecting the clutch plate, pressure plate, etc...,
what signs of wear/damage should I look for?

Thanks in advance!

-Robert
vin 6585

p.s. the clutch has always seemed a little hard, but I have the
braided clutch line installed.