Re: Sending Unit teflon tape

In a message dated 9/6/00 10:51:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Whalt@xxxx
writes:

<< The official answer probably is that there should be no teflon tape added
the connection because this could insulate or cause an intermittent
connection. >>

Speaking from plumbing rather than automotive experience, the threads will
likely cut thru the contact surfaces and make a connection possible. The
tape will just cram into the voids. After all, the threads are designed to
be watertight, ideally, even with no tape or dope. To be sure, I'd probably
prefer to use liquid teflon pipe dope on the threads, or regular pipe dope.

-Wayne
"Living the dream!"
11174