cold engine acceleration problems revisited

cold engine acceleration problems revisited

Okay, I've read up on the 'acceleration enrichment circuit', and it makes
sense that my problem could be in this circuit. But it will probably be
several days before I can really get into it. I suppose that in order to
trouble-shoot this circuit that I am going to need to get a T-adapter for my
vacuum gauge. It looks like my problem could be:

1) a bad thermal vacuum control valve
2) a bad delay valve
or
3) a bad control pressure regulator (again).
or
4) a clogged or leaking vacuum hose in this system.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. In the mean time, do y'all have any
suggestions?

Believe it or not, I actually had a clog in a vacuum hose on a GM car. I
couldn't believe it. I had to cut the hose open to see what it was. What I
found looked like the end of a plastic golf ball 'T' that may have broken
off inside while someone plugged the end of the hose to do a diagnostic.

Later,
Walt Tampa, FL
Delorean mechanic apprentice