DMC Owner Kindnesses

Hello, everyone --

I just wanted to share a public "Thank You" with DMC Joe and the
SouthEastern DeLorean Owners Club for hosting the informal "A Day In The
Doors" door-adjustment party this past Saturday.

As a non- (but hopefully soon-to-be-) owner, I am indebted to these folks
for making it a most enjoyable and informative weekend: Trevor Summers,
who hosted the party, provided lunch, and gave excellent directions for the
journey back to Tampa (yes, we made it safely!); DMC Joe, who shared his
patience, humor, and vast well of DeLorean knowledge with the group; and
owners Joe Palatinus, Tom Long, Sean Mullins, Bern Heninger, John, Sean,
Greg (sorry, fellas -- didn't catch your last names!), and the other
attendees for the conversation, stories, and experiences.

But the person to whom I owe the deepest debt of gratitude is fellow Tampa
resident Walter Coe, who generously allowed me to DRIVE his DeLorean
halfway from Tampa to Atlanta on both the "to" and "from" legs of our
journey -- after not having ridden in a car with me as the driver, EVER, no
less! Talk about trust! His generosity, along with the 11 or so hours I
spent behind the wheel, has strongly reinforced my desire to own a
DeLorean, and has vastly increased my confidence in the marque and its
owners as a whole. Thanks again, Walt!

It's incidences like this one which help to create knowledgeable, dedicated
future DeLorean owners. So remember, the next time you're patiently
answering the same question for the 200th time or suffering the retelling
of the same annoying cocaine joke for the 1,000th time, that the more
misconceptions you can correct and the more positive DMC experiences you
can share with people, the more respected and admired our marque will become.

Thanks again, and keep living the dream,
- Brian Henderlong / Tampa, FL
- http://home.tampabay.rr.com/deloreans/index.htm