Re: comparison

If I have to make a u-turn in the DeLorean, I usually have to
either go to an intersection with 2 wide lanes, or turn down a side
stree to back out of a driveway. On the flip side though, I've never
had a problem with parrelel parking in the D. No the DeLorean isn't
the fastest car on the block, but it does very good on it's own and
then some... The biggest problem the DeLorean has with it's speed is
not it's performance, but the fact that other people keep comparing
it with more powerful cars. Keep in mind the theory of realitivity on
this: "A DeLorean's performance can only be measured in relation the
the car it is competing against. And/or the people drving the car
(s)." In other words, on the drag strip for 0-60 times, the DeLorean
appears to be a slower car. Now in the real world when the DeLorean
is in traffic the average vehicles that is goes up against are not
muscle cars, or powerful exotics. But rather compact imports and
family sedans built for economy, not speed. The same for all the
SUV's on the road, they're not built for speed either. Hills are no
match for my car! I can hit a fairly steep grade and still gain speed
going up it! In this environment the DeLorean can be quite
impressive. Plus as I mentioned before alot has to do with the
perception of the person driving the car(s). If the driver doesn't
like a car to begin with, then it won't get a good review. And vice-
versa if they prefer one car over another. Yes I like the DeLorean
more then other cars, so I am gerally more favorable to it, but I am
staying unbaiased for this posting. To sum everything up: For myself
the DeLorean is perfect! I have a good amout of power matched with
equal fuel economy. Not to mention unbeatable looks and outstanding
comfort!

-Robert
vin 6585