RE: [DML] Alternative mirror suggestion

Yes, the mirror was from the Pep Boyz. Funny that they don't carry it where
you live, but I suppose different areas have different mixes of models on
the road. I was working in an auto parts store (installing their computer)
for a few days where they pretty much lookd at each customer as they entered
and asked "Ford or Chevy?" I think there was one customer the whole time I
was there that had one of those "exotics" like a Volvo or Volkswagon and he
was laughed out of the store.

Anyway, I'm still a bit iffy on this mirror. The left side is a bit tall
and tends to bind to the housing, making it difficult to adjust. Even if
cut, the right side is not parallel to the housing, and would therefore look
a bit "off" or require another cut. Since the DMC mirror is basically a
rectangle with one of the short lengths cut at an angle, I'd think any
rectangular convex mirror could be made to fit perfectly in 2 cuts.

If you really want them, Bob, I'll be happy to send as many as you like, but
bear in mind that they're about $12 apiece. I'm still a bit appalled that
your local shop doesn't have any oversize convex mirrors you can cut. Any
self-respecting auto parts shop will special-order any part in the catalog,
and if their warehouse has it they can usually have it the same day or next.
Send me a private email and we'll try to arrange something with what I have
here.

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695