Driving again!!!

Well, I finally got my car on the road again after 4 months of stripping, grinding, replacing broken rusty screws everywhere, and refinishing the stainless. It's back to stainless after being hidden under black and gold paint since 1981. Does it feel good? ABSOLUTELY!!! One improvement I made to my car was go with +2" rims all around. Yes, 16" in the front, and 17" in the rear. I'm running Pirelli P7000 supersports; both have a 45 series tire instead of the 60 series. What a difference!!! This car is asking to be pushed into the turns now. There is some body roll, but I plan on adding a rear stabilizer bar to help remedy that problem. So, if you've ever thought about going with bigger sized aftermarket rims, well... they work!!! And they work well. They look great too! (I'll have pics posted soon.) The car is more responsive, tighter, and steers much quicker everywhere. There are no vibrations anywhere. It rides straight and smooth. Since there is less sidewall on the tire, it does harshen the ride a tad bit, but not much at all which was suprising to me. I thought it would ride really rough... but it doesn't! It's softer than the Porsche 944 that I had years ago. What a difference. I mean, the car is handling a ton better now. Very glad I did it.

Well, just thought some might be interested.

---Dan