From: Ann & Ed Thompson
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx ; Ann & Ed Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 11:15 AM
Subject: [DML] Hood weather stripping solution creates new problem

I finally found an adhesive that will actually hold the hood weather stripping in
place for more than a month or two. It is a Permatex product called, duh, "Super
Weatherstrip Adhesive", part #80". This stuff really works great but I have created
another problem unrelated to the adhesive. Regluing the weatherstrip is a very tricky
operation, particularly around the corners and especially around the "hood flap"
area. I worked a small section at a time using heavy duty masking tape to hold
each section in place until I was satisfied that it was completely cured. No
problems so far. BUT, when I arrived at the end where the two ends meet I came
up about 2 inches short. Rather than try to redo the entire thing I would like
to simply glue in a new short 2 inch section. Problem: Where does one find 2
inches of OEM hood weather stripping without having to buy the whole thing? I
haven't tried the usual sources yet, I was hoping that someone might have a scrap
piece sitting around that I could bum 2 inches from. If so, please email me at
<rapparivarat@xxxx>. I will be happy to send you a SASE, or payment if
necessary, for your trouble. I'm not looking for something for nothing, it's just
that I have a problem spending a couple of hundred bucks for 2 inches of OEM
weather stripping. I'm only doing this for looks because this car is NEVER in the
rain. If I cannot locate a scrap piece I will just leave it as it is. Thanks.

Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982)