Re: Evaporative Control System

The first thing to check is that the vapor hose from tank to vapor
cannister is not kinked or plugged up. The tank should not build up
pressure, It can be exceedingly dangerous to have a pressurized gas
tank, it would spew gas and vapors under pressure and could be a
blowtorch that could cause an explosion, at the very least disconnect
the vapor hose at the tank and let it vent until you can fix it
right,
you may vent some vapors but it won't be as dangerous as pressurizing
the tank.

David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxx> wrote:
> When ever I increase the idle on the engine, the carbon canister
> doesn't appear to purge itself of the recovered vapors. The odd
part
> about this is that if I manually apply a vaccum to the canister,
the
> engine will rev up as the vapors are released and burned. When I
rev
> the engine I can feel a good vaccum from the hose the connects up
the
> intake manifold. But it is not as strong as the one that I have to
> apply to open the canister. From this I have 2 questions: 1. Is
this