RE Doors

Hi all,

I had the same problem and I removed the door struts and sent them to our UK
DeLorean buff Dave Howarth to have them refilled, but he tested them on his
Delorean
and said they were fine and indeed it turned out that the torsion bars
needed cranking up.

Like Dave Swingle said in his posting this can be very costly if it goes
wrong the only
advice I can give (having recently carried out the procedure on my own
DeLorean) is
make a tool that is at least 3 feet long and make sure you have a second
person to
help, this is definitely NOT a 1 person task.
Make sure the doors are open with a prop holding them at full height to
reduce tension
on the bar. When I did mine I was very nervous about slipping and knackering
the
window or roof panel or my dads fingers, you have to put a fair bit of
tension on
them, I cranked mine about 3 notches and that was enough.

Like Dave Swingle has said if you can get someone to show you it would be
allot safer.

hope this helps a little.

James RG