Original '82 manual

My "new" '82 owner's manual from a major DeLorean supplier is printed on
white paper, like copier paper. The cover too. The illustrations are all
drawings, not photos. Bound with staples on the fold.
By contrast, my original '81 manual has stiff shiny pages, a heavier cover,
b&w photo illustrations, and a spiral binding. If you have an '82 manual
that you KNOW is original, is it cheaply made like mine, or nice like the
'81's? How can you tell if an '82 manual is an original?
There is a great deal of difference in content between these two manuals.
I'm wondering if the difference traces back to the original '82 manual, or if
it was edited down later, for some reason.

-Wayne
"Living the dream!"
11174