Re: Other Gull Wing sports cars

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, bluevelvet420@xxxx wrote:
<SNIP>
> aluminum is worse than stainless steel, although i can see how it
is more
> practical. easier to mold, press, repair, and lighter. but i
think that
> people who are like me arent really interested in practicality all
the time.
> just my thoughts
> -greg

When comparing aluminium to stainless steel, SS is much more
practical! Hyundai gave a brief summary of how they had to make the
body panels (keep in mind that this is for a '98 Tiburon body style).
Since aluminium doesn't bend that well, they had to stamp out about 8
or so individual panels, then weld them all together just to make one
fender! Hyundai's opinion: Although the design greatly improves gas
milage, it's not practical for mass production. Maybe on rally &
special edition cars, but not for anything else. Plus in the long
run, it isn't as attractive to look at as SS. Why no one since
DeLorean has used SS seems pretty obvious. No one wants to be a copy
cat, and it wouldn't rust; one less reason to buy a new car! With
that said, since this is everything that's DeLorean related, the
thread seems to be pretty much over.

-Robert