My good road trip experience!

Hey Gang

Have a good story to share with the list over the past
weekend i drove up to NJ from Washington DC to work
with Dan (danrc30) on getting in my new Recarro seats
put in! I had no experience mounting with new seats
and Dan had already performed the entired procedure on
his delorean with the exact same seats!

Firstly id like to thank dan who took an entire day
and evening to design/install custom brackets he made
and give them to me for my new seats and not ask for s
penny!

My trip started out a mess and driving the 4 hours to
NJ with 2 rather large seats taking up the entire
cabin and providing me with NO VISIBILTY except out of
the drivers side and front was pretty crazy! #10854
ran smooth the whole way thanks to Rob grady and his
new suspension Kit (which i wholey recommend if your
replacing your suspension)

The only hicup i experienced was a lead came off my
ignition coil and stranded me on a VERY busy VERY
narrow strip of I-95 shoulder (it was so narrow i was
scared to even open the door). Took me about 5 mins
to figure out what happened.. (which previously took
me a whole month a massive phone bills to DMC-joe)
Anyways reattached the wire and off i went.

Got up to NJ and met dan... who btw is a extremely
nice and very into deloreans (ask him about what hes
doing to his car right now JEEZ!)

The big word of that day was luck, we needed parts for
the electrical harness that powers the FULLY electric
seats and other odds and ends. So a trip over to
radio shack was in order. We get there and OMg they
were closed at 6pm on a saturday, this was not good..
if we didnt get those parts.. my trip was for nothing
or i would have had to crash out at dans place till
sunday.

Dan banged on the store window and a reluctant store
worker emerged from the back and after explaining our
situation let us in to get the parts! Whew...

We worked (more like i watched... dan worked) till
evening exeprienced a couple more close calls with
wrong parts or ill fittings, but managed to either
customize or substitute out the problems.

The job was finished around 9pm and DAMN, I really
must say that having new up-to-date seats makes a HELL
of a difference to the car. Firstly im not the
tallest and biggest of guys (5'8/135p) and i always
felt like i was one of those grannies barely seeing
over the steering wheel. The new seats and brackets
raise the seats about a Inch and provide hell of a lot
better visibility. Before whenever i looked out the
side window i had a bigass bar blocking my view.. now
im just over it and get a better picture of whats
going on.

Also the seats are super conforming and i had always
felt that the stock seats just sucked.. they dont
provide any lateral or lumbar support.. whenever i
would take a turn i would feel like i was sliding out.
NOT ANYMORE. Im glued in.. It total feels like they
should have come stock with the car. They also
provide alot more shock dampering.. combined with the
new shocks.. the ride is smoooth.. no more jarring or
bucking around. Finally best of all the seats match
my grey interior PERFECTLY and Just give the interiour
a nice modern look.

Needless to say the ride home was THE best ride i have
ever had in the car. So a big thanks to Danrc30 for
helping me out! Anyway thought this fit in as a good
Delorean story.

-Cliff Andrews