Re: Water Temp. & Fans

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "J Rowe" <rowejj@xxxx> wrote:
> At what temperature should the fans come on at? I don't
think that mine has
when I got out I had a lot of coolant pouring out of my radiator.
> I know that my fans weren't on when I got out and the temperature
was working on
> getting about 220 degrees.

Fans should come on just above the mark on the guage that is centered
between the 100 and 220 marks. I believe the otterstat is rated at
190deg but don't hold me to it. Your bigger problem is that you are
losing water from the radiator - there is NO drain or overflow up
there, so a minimum you have a severely leaky hose, could be a failed
radiator side tank. It is never normal to have water running out
anywhere but the coolant tank overflow at the right rear of the car
(and even that is a sign of stress).

Dave