Re: PRV-6 Differances: Volvo vs. DeLorean

Re: PRV-6 Differances: Volvo vs. DeLorean

DMC Joe is correct on this one. I was writing 2 seperate posts at the
time, so thats where the mix up occured. Another Volvo I was looking
at had the turbo, not the PRV (an '86 740 if I remember right). When
I get the chance, I'll go back to take some photos. I don't know if
the motor mounts are the same, but the crankshaft pully is longer.
All in all, it would be alot easier to just purchase a DeLorean
specific engnine as a replacement rather the attempting to use a
stock PRV. Aside from swapping the oil pan, the crankshaft pully,
etc.., you would also have to make sure that you had the hardened
cams in place. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but modifications
are involved.

-Robert
vin 6585