New Engine

<Message: 4 Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 03:12:09 EDT From: wingd2@xxxx Subject: Re: New Engine

Gus,

Sounds like this new engine is great. We keep hearing about all this extra power you've got, form both you and Bill and your seat of the pants test drives. How about putting that thing on a chassis dyno and giving us some real numbers. Bob Brandy's put some cars on a dyno last year in Chicago and he's got all kinds of factual info, both HP and Torque curves, on various Delorean engine setups.

We're glad to hear all of this " it feels real good" stuff, but we want actual hard facts. Let's run your car and get Bill to run his also, so we can get some hard numbers and print out some dyno charts..........>

DMC has the charts and figures for the engine on a stand, and I believe they have completed the rolling dyno tests by now and will probably publish those shortly. As I recall, the peak HP with the standard exhaust was 172 and 197 with the headers. I don't remember the torque figures except that both curves seeemed to be exceptionally flat over a wide RPM band. Stephen has asked me to let him run my car on the dyno deal, and I will see if we can still do that when I get back to Houston. I'm in Costa Rica at the moment.

Stay tuned...

Bill Swilley