Re: [DML] Front end vibration

At 10:17 AM 6/25/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I've heard that front end vibration in the DeLoreans is common. Mine
>starts around 62 MPH through 77MPH.

Still sounds like it's probably a tire issue to me. Most vibrations in the
60-75mph range are due to out of balance or out of round tires. Also,
wheels that have a slight bit of runout can cause this. The DeLorean, along
with some other sports cars, is very susceptable to vibrations due to these
issues. Dunlop used to have a nice article on their site explaining all of
this, but the link seems to be dead. I'll forward it if I find it again.

Try getting the front tires and wheels checked on a Hunter GSP9700
balancing machine. Not only does it check tire balance, but it can check
tire and rim lateral and radial runout, tire uniformity (hard places in the
sidewall that don't flex like the rest of the tire), and improper bead
seating. In other words, most of the problems that can cause vibrations.

Go to http://www.gsp9700.com/

There is a locator to find a shop near you that has one of these.

Mark N
VIN 6820