Re: [DML] Good News Story

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lynn Metz" <metzlynn@xxxx>(Brian)
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 4:56 PM
Subject: Re: [DML] Good News Story

<< But amid all of the commotion, I sought help from Ken in finding tools.
He
> made some suggestions and then offered that if I needed to go get
anything,
> I could take his truck and go!!! Wow, even though I did not borrow his
> truck, I really do appreciate that he would offer to let me use it. >>

Well, I did use his truck. With Ken's truck (thanks Ken!), $6.75, 15
minutes, and a screwdriver (thanks Jonathan!) , I was able to repair my old
Chevrolet for the 560 mile trip home. --Nice people, those DeLorean
enthusiasts.

Now here's the good story: Long story short--I was in the elevator of the
hotel carrying nothing but my new radiator hose preparing to fix the car.
Who gets on, but John DeLorean.

"Never go anywhere without your radiator hose.....You really come prepared,"
he said. I went on to tell him of my 191,000+ mile, 4bbl. 305 (that has
never previously required more than oil and gas) and my leaky radiator hose.
(Oh yeah, I guess those hoses -are- getting rather old) How often can I say
that I got chat with John DeLorean about cars?!

Why is it that these problems only happen when you're hundreds of miles from
home? Great show, a wonderful time, thanks everybody.

Jake