Re: [DML] Engine Update

The blurb on Joe's site was referring to the upgraded PRV engine that we have developed at De Lorean Motor Company (Houston), if memory serves.

I had the pleasure of driving the first of the cars to be installed with this engine fromHouston to the show in Cleveland last week. All in all, I put about 1300 miles on the car on the way up. Alas, I did not get to drive it back, I was behind the wheel of the "Jean Claude Damn Van", but that's another story.

We have taken new crate engines and massaged about 70 more horsepower out of them. The difference in performance is striking. The whole time I had my DeLorean, I think I got two or three tickets for speeding, and talked my way out of at least that many more. I am glad that this engine was not in my car then, or the numbers would have been MUCH higher. The car is a lot of fun, and reminds me a lot of my '77 Corvette, though it uses less gas and isn't as loud.

We will perform the mod to an existing, good condition engine for $4995. To have the mods performed to a new "0" miles crate engine (including installation) is $6495. Also, the engine is currently only available for cars with manual transmissions. Tests have shown that the new engine is legal in all 50 states, too.

There is currently a waiting list for the new engine, and the mods are only performed in our shop, which means that your car must be brought or shipped to Houston.

Email me privately for more details...

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1
http://www.delorean.com

I remember reading something on DMC Joes site about the updated PRV engine
collaberation. Does anyone have a info update on this? I would love to
legally add a few more HP to the PRV, without having to perform an engine
swap (I only have 2,500 miles on my baby). Also keeping the cost under
$5,000 is a main concern too :-)
If I hear nothing soon, I will probably just go with the original twin turbo
setup (though I am not sure about the cost).