Re: [DML] Rotor cross reference?

MANY moons back, I replaced my front pads with '74 Capri pads from Whitlock's for $5.99 w/lifetime warranty. They are IDENTICAL. Drive Stainless (& stop, too) Robert VIN 6924

From: "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand@xxxx>
To: eGroups Digest <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DML] Rotor cross reference?
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 22:44:47 -0400

It came to me in a dream last night...

The rear calipers for a D are from a Jaguar... and although the Jag has
5-bolt wheels, their caliper mounts onto the axle with 4 bolts. It has
that kind of "top hat" design, too. That's very similar to the D. If
you look at http://www.welshent.com/brakes.htm , you'll see the shape is
familiar. Will it fit?

Also, on a hunch, I checked out 1976 Mercury Capris (front brake
interchange). They use 4-bolt wheels. I wonder if their front discs
would fit?

Just something to investigate if any of you out there in D-land need
rotors soon. Let us know what you find out!

-Dave Stragand
VIN #05927
http://www.projectvixen.com

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html