From: "Gus Schlachter" <gus@xxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] New Info on Body Dies
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 19:50:46 -0000

Thanks, Dave! That's some pretty exciting historical info there.

So, anybody here on the list a diver? :-)

Seriously, if the fish company that bought the dies has since gone
under, then aren't the pieces just so much refuse? Not that I think
they're still usable after 20 years in the water, but they'd make
great bookends.

What are those dies made of, anyway?

Gus Schlachter Austin, TX VIN #4695

</SNIP>
--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Swingle" <dswingle@xxxx> wrote:
> It has often been reported that after the demise of the DeLorean
> Company in 1982, the stamping dies that were used to manufacture the
> stainless steel body panels for the DeLorean car were dumped into
> the ocean by the British Government. This is one of those tales
> that is repeated often, without any proof of fact. ...Well - - out
> of the blue (actually cyberspace) comes some new evidence.
</snip>

Before posting messages or replies, see the posting policy rules at: www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

moderator@xxxx