Re: fuel pump woes and polished wheels

Cliff - I would recommend that at the very least you replace your fuel pump
boot (the rubber tube it fits in) and the pump itself. If your pump is the
early style, where the outlet hose at the top is fastened by a hollow bolt,
instead of the late style (hollow stud with an acorn nut), you need to
upgrade to the later style anyway. You will need to change the hose fitting
and purchase the nut if upgrading. All of the major suppliers have them.
The boot is $59.95; the pump $159.95; the fitting and nut about $15.00. If
the rubber fuel pump cover is stiff and no longer covers the boot and pump
properly, replace it too ($39.95). That should cure your noise and gas
smell problems, and add years of reliability.

As for polished wheels, I have had them and also chromed stock wheels. I
much prefer chrome as it is maintenance free and looks the sharpest. Check
the picture of my wheels in the e-groups files under "superchargedChevDMC"
(http://www.egroups.com/files/dmcnews/superchargedChevyDMC/blwnawy.jpg).
I've been driving mine over 5 years now with no problems whatsoever. Check
with local chrome platers - should run around $150 per wheel.

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive