New DMC Engine Shake down Cruise

Just talked to Stephen in Houston, and made plans to link up with him and James Espey on the road to Cleveland. James will be driving Gus's car, which now has most of the suspension upgrades and should have the new headers installed. Latest report on the engine is that it is incredibly smooth with a strong, broad power band. It is smoother running when cold than the stock engines, and I think DMC has come up with a winner here! Those of you who know my car, know that several years ago, I replaced the engine and incorporated a number of hot rod tricks. While I have been very pleased with the increased performance, it does have some rough spots. Until the engine warms up, it tends to bog down a bit in the low rpm range. Even when warm, the low end torque is less than ideal, making it a bit of a challenge to come off the line quickly. This new engine seems to have solved these issues while providing about 20 HP more! Stephen and the boys at DMC have always told me that my car is faster than the turbo cars they service, so this new engine is looking pretty good indeed.

The drive to Cleveland should be interesting, to say the least! Have you ever seen James drive, Gus? (heh, heh) Not to worry, son. He's driven mine several times with no permanent damage. So, while in Cleveland, be sure and check out DMC and Gus's car.

Bill Swilley
VIN: 4730
TX LIC: 81 DMC