fixed my start problem???

greetings..

well, i am amazed but it happened! the car starts even when hot!!

i bought my '82 last summer and since i first test drove it, the "hot start"
problem was there.. after about 10 minutes of normal driving, the car would
start but, one had to be very persistant.. sometimes taking 5 minutes or
more of cranking to get it to fire.. believe it or not, i have fixed my
problem for about $5. the car was owned by a gentleman who drove it very
infrequently. in fact, he told me that he put a maximum of 4 or 5000 miles
on the car since he owned it (10 years or so). when i bought the car, he
replaced the brakes (pulsed badly), clutch, and had the gas tank
steam-cleaned. but, he told me that he had always had a hard time starting
the car. i had planned on buying a new accumulator this season but now it
seems that it's not necessary. i dumped some fuel injector cleaner into a
full tank of gas and by the time that tank was done, my "hot start" problem
was gone!! any thoughts?? anyone???

Mike Cutting
New Liskeard, Ontario
11434