Re: [DML] Re: More Power...

The DeLorean voltmeter normally reads approximately 1 volt lower than the
alternator output. To determine the actual alternator voltage output use an
external voltmeter and take the reading between the engine block and the
jump start post. Perform two separate tests, one with all accessories off
and another with all accessories on.

Next check the voltage reading at the electrical compartment at the positive
side of fuse #5, again with all accessories off and on. If there is a
voltage difference greater than 1 volt you may have a bad ground connection.

We regularly find corrosion at both the rear and front frame ground
connections. Keep in mind that the DeLorean electrical system differs from
the normal automotive electrical system in that three is no universal
body/chassis ground. The entire electrical system is dependent on three
frame
connecting points. This is also a good time to clean or replace all of the
fuses in the fuse block. We regularly find corrosion at both the rear and
front frame ground connections and fuses. If there is any excessive voltage
drop in any of the above tests after the frame grounds and fuses have been
checked you may have an alternator problem.

Here is the voltage range you should look for: all accessories off 12.5-14.5
volts. All accessories on 11.5-13.0. These tests should be conducted with
the engine idle speed at the specified 775 RPM.

If you have DeLorean World #16 Fall 1987 go to page 32 for pictures and a
detailed description on ground fault diagnosis and repair.

If by chance, god forbid, you have the original Ducellier; forget all of the
above voltage tests!

"We're here to help you" See you in Cleveland!
DMC Joe / De Lorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>
.