Re: [DML] Squeeling sound?

Let me take a guess at this one. I would say your throwout bearing is getting ready to call it quits in the near future. Like I said, being a fairly new DMC onwer, it is only a guess.
----- Original Message -----
From: Stian Birkeland
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2000 2:51 PM
Subject: [DML] Squeeling sound?

Today I started up good ole # 06759, and after the car had warmed up there
was a squeeling sound coming from the back of the engine compartment. Not a
squeel that would make you afraid ;), but a sound quite constant, annoying,
yet low sound. I gave a little speed, nothing happened. Then I pushed the
clutch and the squeeling went away instantly.

Now, the real question is: What the heck was this? Is this something of a
warning of a more serious problem to come. Please help, and I will see to it
that it will be fixed and corrected at once.

DMC Joe? Got any ideas what this might be?

Thanks for all your help! This list is GREAT!

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
NORWAY