URGENT!!! Virus warning to DMLer's

Fellow DMLer's,

Do not download any photos sent to you from Ken Koncelik. He has been hit by
a trojan virus. The virus is mi27.zip. It comes as a mime.exe file.

I downloaded the photos that came from Ken's email and found the virus. I
called Ken and he found the virus on his machine. He has aked me to write the
DML and let others know about this situation. I know that this is not the
usual forum to discuss on the DML, however, I feel this is a danger to anyone
that knows Ken. The virus is a password stealing type. This is how I recieved
the photos download from Ken. Ken DID NOT send these files!! This file steals
your password after stealing your address book. That is how I got the email.
Someone is using his email after getting his password. The reason I warn you
is in the email it says "I have just made some new photos for you to see", it
also says that he will be posting these in the vault.

I only download stuff from people I know, so I was not concerned because it can from what I thought was Ken. Again Ken is not sending out any photos, just someone trying to steal passwords. I have contacted Dave S. to let him know about this. Ken has asked me to contact the DML until he gets his system cleaned up. He is changing his password and will post an all clear to the DML as soon as he gets his computer clean. Sorry to use the DML for this message, but someone is trying to mess up lots of people that know Ken, and possibly the DML, so dont be taken in.

We all know that with the show coming up next month, that Ken has many email friends so be on your guard. Any questions can be sent to me at ABatt10347@xxxxx Ken will hopefully be back online in the next couple of days. I have read this email to Ken via the phone and he is ok with sending it to the DML.

Bruce Battles
Vin 06569

Added note from Dave Swingle: Although we normally discourage posting virus notes to the list, this one seemed particuarly insidious since it is apparently customized toward people on the DeLorean Mailing list. Bruce and Ken discussed this notice with me on the phone before posting it.

Dave Swingle