Vin plate Location

I was just wondering as I was looking at the poster of the right hand drive
Delorean (british spec car)on the poster you can see that the Vin Tag on the
poster Delorean is on what is the passenger side sill(I know it is a reverse
negative photo),but I was wondering if the vin tags are moved over to the
right side (both vin plates) when a car is converted to British or all other
countries,that mandate that the cars have to be converted to right hand
drive,or are they just left where the factory put them,I know here in
Connecticut if you remove a vin plate for any reason,and then reinstall
it,even for restoration purposes,you can get into very deep S**T, because
as far as I know all cars have the vin tags on the same side as where the
Driver sits.... any comments on that....Thanks

Claude
000570