ADMIN: Hotmail vs eGroups

Hotmail Problems?

I picked up the note below from from a list that I monitor made up of
mailing list admins on eGroups. I've received a couple of emails from
Hotmail subs that the DMCNews mail has stopped, here's why.

If this happens in the future , remember that you can always read and post
to the list on the web in real time at
http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews. This is also where you can manage your
own subscription, i.e. turn it of for vacation, switch to the digest, etc.

I would also recommend that you switch to another "free" email provider. I
only see this sort of thing on Hotmail. I have accounts on Yahoo and Excite
that I use to "test" the list, and these NEVER have problems. We've also had
a problem in the past where Hotmail starts "Bouncing", I can really tell
when this happens because we have quite a few hotmail subcribers.

Dave Swingle

Subject: .hotmail blocks eGroup mail

I received the following note from one of my members:

"I contacted EGroups and just received a reply. Hotmail has put a block on
all email from EGroups. EGroups said they were working with Hotmail to lift
the block."