Clear and Smoked Headlight Covers

Back in January there was an inquiry about headlight covers for the DeLorean.
About 15 years ago I got some literature regarding this product from Extang
Corporation in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I recently decided to buy a set of these
covers and found that Extang had sold their headlight cover line to Lund
Industries in Anoka, Minnesota. I contacted Lund and was told that they have
discontinued the headlight covers for the DeLorean but that they had 9 sets
of the smoked and 25 sets of the clear left. They do not sell directly to
the consumer but you can get the closest dealer to you by calling 1-800-377-5863.
For me it was the local NAPA store. Tell the dealer that you want to place a
special order to Lund Industries for part #36035 (clear) or #36235 (smoked),
until stock on hand is depleted. My order arrived yesterday. NAPA's price
was $40 for the kit.

These covers require no drilling to install. They are held in place by velcro.
I might add that this product is unlawful for use on the road in most if not
all states but they really look good for show, particularly the smoked version.
Click on "pictures" at <http://www.delorean-owners.org/legend/index.html>. The
Lund covers are installed on the DeLorean at the bottom right. If you have
problems locating a dealer, contact Lund direct at 1-800-328-9005.

Regards,
Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982)
Midlothian, VA