Driving Tour Dry Run Report

Last Saturday, the "dry run" of the Nobody Gets Lost Driving Tour and
Rock & Roll Road Rally came off (almost) exactly as planned.

Sixteen people drove the route in eight cars. Afterwards three more
cars joined us for dinner.

Happily, no one actually got lost. One DeLorean did experience a minor
cooling fan problem (remember folks, this event involves city driving).
A few people did take wrong turns, but using their maps they were able
to recover quickly. We found several minor problem spots and we will
fix them before June.

Some of the teams tried to rely exclusively on the audio track, ignoring
the written directions. This seemed to work most of the time, but no
one was synchronized closely enough to complete the whole trip without
looking at the written directions. An alert navigator helps
considerably.

To make the trip easier in June, someone suggested that we mark the most
confusing spots with different colored balloons. Possibly Red for Right
and bLue for Left. They said these are common markers for car club
events.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Do they usually use ordinary
balloons? Helium balloons?

We are developing our own system, but if anyone knows of any tips or
possible pitfalls please let me know.

Thanks,

- Mike Substelny