Tachometer problems & wheres Sal

Hello,
I have mentioned once before that my tachometer was stuck at 5500 rpms.
now when I turn the key it goes up as far as it can go way up into the
redline area.(just started today) when I run the car it also goes up to the
redline area. when you give it gas it will move just a little (2-3mm) when
you remove the key it goes back to 5500 rpms. is this the tach? or something
else. where does it hook into the engine at? could the other end of the
system be the problem? the previous owner said it worked before it sat.

please let me know.

and if Sal (the one with a parts car)is on the list please email me. I would
like to order ALL of those parts we talked about from you.

thanks

David