(sorry, wrong) Re: [DML] door adjustment

(sorry, wrong) Re: [DML] door adjustment

Sorry David, no offense, but you're wrong on both parts here.

First of all, I spoke with Rob Grady from PJ Grady about my door alignment, and he said that there should be no grease on the pegs. That area should be totally dry, as well as the latch area. I know this because I did grease mine up, and he pointed it out to me that the first thing I had to do was clean them from any grease.

Secondly, if you remove a peg completely, the back plate will not fall into the pontoon. I know this because I removed mine. If yours fall behind, something is broken in your car. The pegs can be removed to ensure that the door is aligned with the body correctly. Then, if it is, you can re-install the pegs (one at a time) and align them with the door latches so the door closes properly.

---Dan Vin#5493

The first thing I would suggest you do is put some white grease on both door
pegs. Now close the door, once only please. Open the door and see if the
latch is in fact hitting in the middle of each peg. If not, shim the peg with
horseshoe shims. (I had to shim my front peg about 3/16")

DO NOT attempt to remove the peg by totally unscrewing it, the back plate
will fall behind the pontoon.

Each peg has about a 1/2 inch movement for adjustment. Start by loosening
each peg and move to the full top center position and retighten. Close the
door again and check the fit to the rest of the front and rear body panels.
Adjust the pegs accordingly.

Generously grease the latch when you have completed the adjustment.

Dave Sontos
VIN 02573