The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

So... things are progressing steadily in the Last Chance Garage.

I had planned to get the engine up & ready to try starting this week. I
only needed a coil to complete the job, hopefully, and I picked up an
Accel Supercoil at Pep Boys this week. It's the universal model, 12
volt. It doesn't have the same connectors as a stock coil, but I
fabricated some out of thick wire and the appropriate connectors &
mounted the coil.

I cleaned the air intake a bit with a lot of carb cleaner, and then
cranked the engine over to "air it out" a bit. I guess the engine was a
little bit further along than I supposed. She didn't just air out...
she started & purred like a very loud kitten for about 5 seconds...
until the carb cleaner ran out. (no fuel yet)

I expected the engine to run, but I didn't expect it to RUN. I guess 12
years of waiting can get a car anxious to get out on the road again.

Now all I have to do is finish up the coolant lines, and we're ready to
try running for real. =)

-Dave Stragand
Vin 5927
http://www.ProjectVixen.com